We're here to help you help yourself
• Do you find it a struggle to cope with everyday life?
• Do you feel like there is too much being demanded of you?
• Do you feel overwhelmed at times?
From time to time we all need a helping hand to overcome life challenges.
Self-help books and other materials can:
- expand knowledge and understanding of yourself
- understand more about what you are experiencing
- learn how to challenge your thoughts
- learn how to feel more relaxed, both physically and mentally
- improve problem solving skills.
Self help can take time and practice, and you might find that self help alone may not be adequate for you. You can also discuss this with your GP and other health professionals or contact The Welcome Project.
If you would like more information on the Welcome Project and the support we offer, or talk to a member of staff, please go to the Contact Us tab and get in touch.
If you would like more self help advice you can also visit the below websites:
We are here to help you with your mental wellbeing.
The Recovery Star is a well regarded tool to support those who experince mental wellbeing challenges. Recovery usually means changing things in a number of areas of your life so that things work better for you. Making changes isn’t easy but understanding how change works can help.
Many people who have experienced mental challenges have found it useful to think about recovery as a journey with different stages. They find it helps to think about which stage they are at and to see where they are on their journey. The Welcome Project uses the Recovery Star to help with this.
For more information download the Recovery Star introduction and worksheet here:
These documents are in PDF format, you can download them, print them out or just read them online.